Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Well, my trip is winding down.  Today we were at the Ghetto Fighter's House Museum all day in sessions and touring the museum.  We had a lengthy lecture titled "Facing the Glass Booth." The museum has the bullet-proof booth that Adolf Eichmann sat in during his year-long trial for crimes against humanity in 1961-62.  It was very interesting to learn that this was the only time the Jewish victims/survivors were able to testify as Jews.  There were survivors who testified at the Nuremberg Trials, but they were Poles, Germans, Dutch, etc.  This was the first time they could show they were persecuted because of their religion.

Tomorrow will be a VERY long day.  We finish our study at the Ghetto Fighter's House Museum at noon and will take the bus to Haifa where we will spend a short time looking at the Baha'i Gardens.  We will then travel to Caesarea to visit the city Herod the Great built.  We are to eat dinner nearby, and then off to the airport in Tel Aviv.  We will go through very strict security again, and then wait for our flight to leave at 11:45 p.m.  After an eleven and a half hour flight, we will arrive in Newark, New Jersey, and from there each of us will return home.

I don't imagine I will post again until I return home and add the details of this very long day. This has been an amazing trip.  I have learned so much about the Holocaust and the religious sites of Israel.  I am truly blessed to have this opportunity.  

So for now, Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.